To begin with, you should set up FaceTime first on your iPhone. Apple official website have detailed tutorial for you, just check it.
Then follow these simple steps to start:
- Launch the Phone app from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Find the contact that you'd like to FaceTime. Remember, they must have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac capable of receiving FaceTime calls as well.
- Scroll all the way down on their contact card and tap on the option for FaceTime.
- Make sure that you select the right one if you have multiple phone numbers and emails for that person.
- The FaceTime call will connect and after a few seconds, you should see the person on the other end pick up. That's it!
How to make a FaceTime call from your iPad or iPod touch
On the iPad and iPod touch, you'll need to be connected to a WiFi network. Once that's taken care of, you can get started with making FaceTime calls to other iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac users. That is a little different than making a FaceTime call on iPhone. Here's how...
- Launch the FaceTime app from the Home screen of your iPad or iPod touch.
- On the right hand side, you'll see the list of contacts that you have in your Address Book. Tap on the one you'd like to make a FaceTime call to.
- You'll now see that person's Contact Card. You can select either their phone number or email. Remember they must have a FaceTime capable device as well or the session will fail.
- The FaceTime call will now initiate.
- Once the person on the other side accepts the video call, you'll see your iPad or iPod touch say Connecting. Then you should be able to communicate freely. That's all.